Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Morning or Evening

Hey Running Buddies,

Morning versus evening runs - which do you do?

I ONLY run in the morning. Here's why:

1) at least 6 months of the year it's too dark by the time I get out of work. I fall enough when I'm running when it's light out. One time I was running in the dark and I ran into a telephone pole. That was it for me.

2) Sometimes, and by sometimes, I mean most days, and by most days, I mean every day, I consume alcoholic beverages (in moderation, of course) after work. This does not go so well with running.

3) Running in the morning makes me feel like I can eat whatever I want throughout the day. (This has negative repercussions on "birthday cake" day.)

4) I can't run within 8 or so hours of eating without getting a cramp, which means if I run at 7, I can't eat after 11 am. This rules out a lot of what happens in #3.

5) I live and run in Hoboken, but hang out with friends in the city and Brooklyn. If I go back to Hoboken to run after work, there is a 100% chance that I will NOT go back into the city afterwards but will instead shower, get into my pajamas, eat popcorn and watch "30 rock".

What's your take?

No comments:

Post a Comment